The Hawkins for Governor campaign is seeking an Communications Coordinator
Immediate start date with an end date of November 14. Position open until filled.
This is a part-time position, beginning with 20 hours per week, with opportunities to increase.
The Communications director will oversee the campaign's various media components and strategy, such as
- coordination of press releases and op-eds, including writing, distribution and follow-up
- working with reporters (print, blogs, cable) assigned to cover the campaign
- work with campaign to generate letters to the editor
- assist with scheduling cable / TV / radio talk shows, and meetings with editorial boards and columnists
- coordinate the campaign's social media efforts, including email list serves, blogs, twitter, face book, memes, live streaming, etc.
- contribute to the campaign's webpage, including maintenance of the news media section of the campaign (e.g., compiling media stores, multimedia files
- assisting the development of paid media, including video / TV ads, as well as you tube videos
- coordinate volunteers on the media strategy
The Communications Coordinator must have a strong commitment to grassroots social change. Other qualifications include:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience with print, Internet and social media, video
• Ability to work independently.
• Commitment to Green Party values required.
• Previous experience on electoral or issue campaigns a plus
• Bi-lingual a plus
The ideal candidate will be committed to Green principles and passionate about radical social change. They should be a self-starter able to work independently while also accepting supervision. Must be very computer literate. Must thrive in a fast paced environment, and stay calm under pressure.
• A modest, living wage hourly rate, staring $17-20/hour. Opportunities to increase hours and/or hourly wage based on performance and fundraising ability.
The Hawkins for Governor campaign is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and low-income individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send cover letter, media samples and a résumé́ with three references (please include contact for at least one Green Party reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Media and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.